Intonarumori was formed in 1988 to create new music outside the norm and beyond existing conventions.
The word "Intonarumori" is Italian and it means "noise intoners." The word comes from the Italian Futurist art movement. The Intonarumori were machines built to mimic the industrial sounds of the age. The Futurist composers created symphonies for the machines. Their concerts often resulted in fist-fights with the audience. Intonarumori, the project, is very much influenced by the ideas of the Futurists as well as the more modern ideas of the serialists, the minimalists, the musique concrete-ists and modern experimental and industrial composers.
Intonarumori has composed for dance, video games, theatre and film and has appeared on numerous compilations and albums.
- Fall 1990 Electronic and Computer Music Concert, Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
- Spring 1991 Electronic and Computer Music Concert, Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
- Fall 1991 Electronic and Computer Music Concert, Carnegie Mellon University - Pittsburgh, PA
- 1st Annual Pittsburgh Performance Art Festival, April 1992 - Club Metropol - Pittsburgh, PA
- KFJC Radio - On-Air Collaboration with Trance and Grae Com, Summer 1994
- Art/Not Terminal Gallery - Collaboration with members of Vassily and Filet Of Feedback, November 1995
- 2nd Annual Olympia Experimental Music Festival - Collaboration with Interference Patterns, May 28, 1996, The Midnight Sun - Olympia, WA
- KAOS Radio - On-Air Performance, June 6, 1996
- Nocturne Concrète CD Release Pary, June 20, 1996 - The Art Bar - Seattle, WA
- Anamolous Records, Collaboration with Bill Horist - October 19, 1996 - with Tinty Music, Phaser and Waterbugs - Seattle, WA
- Electromuse 1, November 14, 1997 - Center On Contemporary Art Gallery - Seattle, WA
- Tour 1998 with Bill Horist
May 10th Portland, OR - Paris Theatre with Office Products
May 13th San Francisco, CA - Edinburgh Castle w/ Mason Jones
May 14th Los Angeles, CA - The Fold/Chorus Club
May 17th Denton, TX - Rubber Gloves Rehersal Studios
May 19th Austin, TX - Live on KVRX
May 20th Austin, TX - Movements Gallery ( 211 East 6th street )
May 21st Houston, TX - Mary Jane's, with No Rock Gods
May 23rd New Orleans, LA - Zeitgeist
May 24th Memphis, TN - 117 Madison, with Diarrhea of Anne Frank
May 25th Atlanta, GA - Backdrop Music Hall, with Routerwhelm
May 28th Boston, MA - Bloom's, with Cul De Sac
May 29th New London, CT - Temporary Autonomous Zone @ Wunderbar, with Cul De Sac
May 30th Philadelphia, PA - Astrocade. with Cul De Sac
June 2nd Chicago, IL - the Empty Bottle, with Ken Vandermark quintet
June 3rd Minneapolis, MN - The Red Sea, with Liar's Club
- Arts Edge '98, Saturday June 26, 1998 - Seattle Center - Seattle, WA
- Sonarchy Radio, KCMU Radio 90.3 FM Seattle, August 22, 1998 - On air performance featuring The Paul Celan Suite. Collaboration with Detonator Beth, Harry Owen, Ray Hodder and Eveline Muller-Graf. Some material from that performance is on-line in Sounds
- Other Sounds Music Series, Wednesday, August 26, 1998 - The Speakeasy - Seattle, WA
- Cyberartists @ The Art Walk - Thursday, September 3, 1998 - The Parlour Room - Seattle, WA
- Omnimedia Northwest v.05, - Saturday, October 17, 1998- The Parlour Room - Seattle, WA - performance comining experimental musicians and video artists from Seattle and San Francisco including Steve Hise, Mr. Merides and Wobbly
- Omnimedia Northwest v.05, part 2 - Sunday, October 18, 1998 - Aural Fixation @ The New Paris Theatre - Portland, OR
- Meet the SoniCabal - February 20th, 1999 - The Parlour Room - Seattle, WA
- Electromuse 2 - May 13th - May 22nd, 1999 - On The Boards Theatre - Seattle, WA - Intonarumori performed four 1.5 hour sets in the "Brain Room" including 2 performaces of the "Performance for Headphones" and two shorter performances in the main theatre.
- Gifts and Fire - June 4th & 10th, 1999 - The Parlour Room - Seattle, WA - Collaboration with Space People on a multi-media performance written by Paul Rubenstein.
- ArtsEdge99 - June 26th, 1999 - Eve Alvord Theater ( Seattle Center ) - Intonarumori once again participated in Seattle's largest new music festival.
- All The Transients series - July 18th, 1999 - Habitat Cafe - Seattle, WA.
- All The Transients series - January 16, 2000 - Habitat Cafe - Seattle, WA
- Washington Composers Forum - Meet the Composer Series - February 8, 2000 - Jack Straw Studios - Seattle, WA - Kevin was invited to speak to discuss Intonarumori's compositional processes.
- Sil2k series - February 16th, 2000- CLUB I-SPY - Seattle, WA
- Voices, Drones, Pulses, and Tones series - February 28, 2000 - The Mercury - Seattle, WA - CD Release party!
- Unit Circle Rekkids Showcase - Wednesday, April 12, 2000 - CLUB I-SPY - Seattle, WA
- Sil2k series - May 10, 2000 - CLUB I-SPY - Seattle, WA - with The Herb Levies featuring Detonator Beth and Elaine DiFalco
- Mr. Spot's Chai House - Tuesday, May 23, 2000 - Seattle, WA - Intonarumori performed with Anti:Clockwise featuring Robert Dennis of Tono-Bungay on his visit to Jet City.
- 6th Annual Olypia Experimental Music Festival - Sunday, June 18, 2000 - the Voyeur - Olympia, WA
- 15th Annual Seattle Improvised Music Festival - Wednesday, June 28, 2000 - CLUB I-SPY - Seattle, WA
- Spirit Club - Saturday, August 12th, 2000 - Seattle, WA
- Night of Games - Saturday, August 26th - Consolidated Works - Seattle, WA
- Sonicabal Year Two Show - Saturday, September 23rd - Patti Summers Nightclub - Seattle, WA
- HipSync Records Showcase - Thursday, September 28th - Mount Analog, Climax Golden Twins, Disjunkt, Bill Horist, Intonarumori - The OK Hotel, Seattle, WA
- Imagined Lanscapes / Tactical Navigation performance series - Friday, December 15, 2000 - Consolidated Works - Seattle, WA
- Fuse Ball - Saturday, February 3rd, 2001 - Consolidated Works - Seattle, WA - a benefit for Consolidated Works, the NW Aids Foundation/ Chicken Soup Brigade, and the Fuse Foundation
- SAM After Hours Series - Thursday, March 29th, 2001 - Seattle Art Museum - Seattle, WA
- Live internet webcast - June 8, 2001 - www.kjdbseattle.com
- Cognitive Dissidents Series - June 12, 2001 - Coffee Messiah - Seattle, WA w/ John Schuller
- Unit Circle Rekkids night at Sil2k - Monday, July 23, 2001 - Club I-Spy - Seattle, WA
- SAM After Hours series - Thursday, August 9, 2001 - Seattle Art Museum - Seattle, WA
- SCI_TROPIC - Saturday, August 11, 2001 - Vital Five Gallery - Seattle, WA - Intonarumori performed with Entropic Advance, Logic Probe, Audio Assasins and 8 other groups as part of this new festival of electronic music.
- Sonarchy Radio (KEXP 90.3FM, Seattle) - Saturday, September 15, 2001 - Intonarumori joint project Intoning Silence performed live on the radio.
- Sonicabal2 CD Release Party - Saturday, November 10, 2001- Vital Five Gallery (2200 Westlake ave at Denny) - Intonarumori presented a truly once-in-a-lifetime collaboration with Otis F. Odder of The Bran Flakes and John Bain of the Mutant Data Orchestra
- Spaceboat.tv Meetspace - 8 performances during November and December of 2001 and January of 2002 - Consolidated Works Gallery (Seattle) - Intonarumori performed with a rotating group of collaborators from the Sil2k Ensemble
- Spaceboat TV @ EMP - January 11, 2002 - Experience Music Project's Sky Church (Seattle) - Music by: Kevin Goldsmith (Intonarumori), Eyvind Kang, Tucker Martine (Mount Analog), Reggie Watts (Maktub), Skerik (Critter's Buggin), Andy Sells (FCS North), Paul Moore (Polymorphic), Timothy Young (Zony Mash), Tonya Lockyer (VIA), Robert Henson (SIL2K), Stuart McLeod (SIL2K), James Drage (SIL2K), Carl Farrow (inBOIL) Performances by: P.A.N., Yva Las Vegas, One World Theatre New Media by: Spinwire, O Serial Cypher, Iole Alessandrini, Wavicle, i/o, Franklin Joyce, Tanya Hughes, Strange Mind, Mad Daddy, Independent Exposure, Mobile Projection, Experiments
- Music in the Museum Series- Friday, May 10, 2002 - Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR - Intonarumori performed with the Sil2k Ensemble, including a special performance of The Notebook Piece
- Seattle Festival of Dance and Improvisation Benefit - Monday, May 13, 2002 - ReBar, Seattle - Intonarumori teamed up with Stuart McCleod
- SST: Surround Sound Transmissions - Saturday, May 18, 2002 - Polestar Music Gallery, Seattle, WA - Intonarumori presented a quadrophonic tape composition as part of SST: Surround Sound Transmissions to celebrate the opening of a new avant-garde performance venue
- SoniCabal Showcase - September 21, 2002 - Polestar Music Gallery, Seattle, WA - Intonarumori in trio with Alex Keller (Rebreather) and Vance Galloway
- SIL2K@Conworks - September 25, 2002 - Intonarumori performs with Sil2K at Consolidated Works, Seattle
- Klavier Nonette - January 16, 2003 - April 28th, 2003 - Intonarumori's score for the piece "Repitoy" was selected to be included in "Klavier Nonette", an installation for 9 MIDI-controlled toy pianos, created by Trimpin. Located at Jack Straw's New Media Gallery (Seattle, WA).
- Dronearama 2 - June 3, 2003 - Consolidated Works, Seattle, WA - Intonarumori joined a cavalcade of Seattle avant-garde musicians in tribute to the drone.
- 6th Annual Games Festival - October 3, 2003 - Richard Hugo House, Seattle, WA - Intonarumori performed with Sil2k
- After Ears Festival - November 5th, 2003 - Coffee Mesiah, Seattle, WA - performance with InBoil presented by The Open Music Workshop and Cognitive Dissidents
- 1st Seattle Noise Festival - May 28th, 2004 - Polestar Music Gallery, Seattle, WA - performance with fetal distress, broken human machine, noggin, daniel menche and Vance Galloway.
- Texture Series - December 11th, 2004 - The Living Room, Seattle WA - with bios+a+ic.
- Cross-Polination Series - July 7th, 2005 - El Corazon, Seattle WA - Intonarumori remixed Tableland LIVE also appearing was Ffej remixed by Syphilis Sauna.
- No Tomorrow Series - June 11, 2006, The Baltic Room, Seattle WA - with Wounded Infidel and The Coathanger Clinic
- The Rendezvous - Friday, November 7th 2008 - Seattle, WA - with InBOIL, Sil2k
- Here/Now Installment 7 - December 4, 2010, Open Flight Studio (OFS), Seattle WA - Intonarumori performed with seven other musicians and eight dancers. Each musician was paired randomly with a dancer for a one-on-one improvisational performance. This is a wonderful series and was a ball to perform at.